Need help on bidding

kandalawncare

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know Ill prob get alot of grief but I need some advice in bidding on a commercial job for next year. I have 20 residences I cut now and the bank / church been bugging me to but a bid in for there property. There property is 3.9 acres all flat , trees line the property on one side bordered by a parking lot and street on the other side, my equip is a toro 42 ztr a toro 30 walk behind and an echo trimmer with one person to help me, my labor rate is 35 ph, not sure if I should charge by the hour or by the acre , Im in the chicago suburbs , any help would be greatly helpful. Thanks kev

Threads
I know Ill prob get alot of grief but I need some advice in bidding on a commercial job for next year. I have 20 residences I cut now and the bank / church been bugging me to but a bid in for there property. There property is 3.9 acres all flat , trees line the property on one side bordered by a parking lot and street on the other side, my equip is a toro 42 ztr a toro 30 walk behind and an echo trimmer with one person to help me, my labor rate is 35 ph, not sure if I should charge by the hour or by the acre , Im in the chicago suburbs , any help would be greatly helpful. Thanks kev

I don't know what a good price would be, but I would say charge by the hour because depending on the conditions, it can take a longer or shorter amount of time (or if you need to suck of leaves, etc.). But there are good things to charging by acre.

kandalawncare

Forum Newbie
Threads
My only concern to that is there sayin it takes roughly 1 1/2 hours to cut three acres. With my other guy trimming he would be done way before me , so my concern would be if I did hourly I would be charging my hourly rate would come out to 52.50 , which by time I think gas for all three units including my truck and paying my guy profit seems to be peanuts , even if I went two hours , still seems low to cut three acres for 70 bucks , maybe im wrong , but thats why im posting lol

Threads
My only concern to that is there sayin it takes roughly 1 1/2 hours to cut three acres. With my other guy trimming he would be done way before me , so my concern would be if I did hourly I would be charging my hourly rate would come out to 52.50 , which by time I think gas for all three units including my truck and paying my guy profit seems to be peanuts , even if I went two hours , still seems low to cut three acres for 70 bucks , maybe im wrong , but thats why im posting lol

I don't know...hopefully others will answer. Good luck! :smile:

slammed

Threads
For a church I always give them a brake. But on the other hand what do you pay your help? But I would say that it would be at least $75 per cut. Just get in there and cut as fast as you can. You and your help cut first then one trim and one blow off done. But you also need to charge them as if you were going to do it alone so if it would take 3 people 1 hour to cut it it would take just you 3 hours to cut the same. Bid on it that way. Sorry if I am confusing any of you.

kandalawncare

Forum Newbie
Threads
not confusing , but I see what ya mean , I was maybe gonna bid a hundred a week, we shallsee next year if I get it lol , wish me luck ,

twnavin

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't know what a good price would be, but I would say charge by the hour because depending on the conditions, it can take a longer or shorter amount of time (or if you need to suck of leaves, etc.). But there are good things to charging by acre.

I agree, Charge by the hr. make sure to include your helpers wage at at least $15 an hr.

slammed

Threads
Glad I could help some.:thumbsup: