Need help fixing nearly new mower

phonicsebonics

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got this Briggs and Stratton 725ex - Troy Bilt mower and it does not start. I have cleaned out the carburetor, installed a new spark plug, changed the oil, put new gas in it and cleaned off the magneto. I have made sure that the spark plug is getting a good spark. I don't know what else to do. I would appreciate any advice.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First check the fly wheel key.
If that is good then spray some starter fluid in the carb.
If it starts then you have a fuel supply problem.

gfp55

Threads
I just got this Briggs and Stratton 725ex - Troy Bilt mower and it does not start. I have cleaned out the carburetor, installed a new spark plug, changed the oil, put new gas in it and cleaned off the magneto. I have made sure that the spark plug is getting a good spark. I don't know what else to do. I would appreciate any advice.

You say you cleaned out the carb. Tell me what you did when you cleaned it? Did you gap the spark plug as per the manual? is the plug the correct one? What did the old spark plug look like, oily from bad rings, black and carbon from too much fuel? Tell us more about the plug. Maybe you can post some pictures of you mower?

phonicsebonics

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the advice. I replaced the flywheel key and cleaned out the holes in the bolt that holds the carburetor bowl in place. Works like a champ now. I will be sure to tell anyone else I know that needs lawn mower help about this website.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm wondering why a nearly new mower needed all that.