Export thread

Need help finding a Carburetor

G

gadawg

A friend of mine gave me an old Wheel Horse rear tine tiller. It has a Linamar ZX 170-E engine that needs a new carburetor but i'm having trouble finding one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

A friend of mine gave me an old Wheel Horse rear tine tiller. It has a Linamar ZX 170-E engine that needs a new carburetor but i'm having trouble finding one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I haven't looked your model up yet, what markings are on the carb ?????

G

gadawg

Not sure where the makings would be. Here is a pic.

IMG_0110[168].jpg

A

(Account Closed)

Might want to take it apart CAREFULLY, inspect and clean.

That units going to be hard to find...

Good luck..

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

From what I can see Linamar and Onan are in Kahootz together..... You'll have to find a Onan dealer in your area and get with them, a carb kit or a good cleaning is in order instead of a new carb if I'm right .....

What is the reasoning for a new carb ??

Like SRT said LOL... I was typing at the same time he was .................

G

gadawg

Leaking, can't find a rebuild kit, tired of messing with it. May not have a choice from I've been able to find and from what y'all are saying. Thanks for responding and Happy New Year!

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

How is it leaking ???? Bowl gasket or from the venturi / throat of the carb ........ We have solutions on here for on both those issues ~!~!

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

R

Rivets

Do you happen to have the Wheel Horse numbers? I may be able to cross reference the carb number in my Wheel Horse materials. Need model and serial.

A

(Account Closed)

How is it leaking ???? Bowl gasket or from the venturi / throat of the carb ........ We have solutions on here for on both those issues ~!~!

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Plus 1 ^^^. A bowl seal shouldn't be too hard to match.

Leaking from the carb throat is likely a needle seat or needle. The needle may very well be stuck open (I've run across that before) causing the leak (no parts needed). This would occur especially when the engine sits for a long time with ethanol fuel in it and varnishes up.

I'd pull the bowl and inspect (if it's leaking INTERNALLY). Once the needle is removed, you can clean the bore with a Q-Tip and metal polish. Put the Q tip in a drill motor, a lil polish on the tip, insert and run in the needle bore. It'll be like new.

Also inspect (if equipped) the needle seat, that there's no nicks in it. That will cause the needle to leak constantly as will a damaged / worn needle itself.

A bad case of varnish:

*Boudreaux, I'm a TWO finger "typer", probably started a knats hair before you!!

upupandaway

upupandaway

Leaking, can't find a rebuild kit,
If i am right, it is a TK carb. Do u have internal parts like ones in this kit??
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-kit...98f8985:g:MzQAAOSwwAFa~loU:rk:85:pf:0&vxp=mtr

G

gadawg

So it’s a NIKKI carburetor. 590759D7-6D56-49A6-94D2-F1829B4D1109.jpg
Still having trouble finding a replacement. D756BC42-6CB5-45F7-8390-F8C6B59A968F.jpgD756BC42-6CB5-45F7-8390-F8C6B59A968F.jpg

R

Rivets

Said I would try to help if you could supply me with the Wheel Horse model and serial numbers!!?? Offer still stands, if you take the time to get them.

B

bertsmobile1

A carburettor is a carburettor is a carburettor.
All that is important for you is the mounting centres of the bolts that hold it on.
After that, any carb will do the job but one from an engine of the same capacity will be easier to set up.
After all hot rodders & street car owners do it all the time.
Perhaps there was a car that came standard with a 4 barrel down draft Holley carb with air rams, but I can not think of one.
After finding the mounting centres & capacity, the next step is to look at the controls.
It will be easier if the replacement has the butterflys in the same position ( Top or side ) as the original.
Then it is just a case of bending some wire to hook it up

A

(Account Closed)

That one pic, with the plastic filter, shows what used to be an on/ off lever apparently snapped off.

Not a biggon, turn it on, if it's working correctly it won't leak.

IMO, I'd open it up, apparently one bolt on the bottom.

Could of had it open faster than typing this post...

See what's going on inside..