Need help choosing a strong pulling self propelled mower ...

The Honda Commercial mowers will do it.:eek: I've also had pretty good luck with my cub cadet, 5-speed self-propelled with the Kawasaki engine. They are available used in the $200.00 range. If money isn't an issue, take a look at the Ventrac mowers. They'll do a 30* slope up and down, and across!
I think my LawnBoy/Toro Pacer can do this; but are we talking of a slope or a mountain-side ?
Pacer = push to go, works great, but will not scale a mountain-side..$200 range ?? This LB was around $400; IMO, $200 buys junk.
I'll check out Ventrax.
 
I think my LawnBoy/Toro Pacer can do this; but are we talking of a slope or a mountain-side ?
Pacer = push to go, works great, but will not scale a mountain-side..$200 range ?? This LB was around $400; IMO, $200 buys junk.
I'll check out Ventrax.

READ THE POSTS !!!! OP does not want to spend much money. Disagree with your "$200 buys junk" statement.
 
In case anyone's interested... I ended-up buying a Craftsman 37435 after reading good reviews. I went to check them out and they're almost exactly like several of the Husqvarnas (I understand Husqvarna makes these mowers for Sears).

First mowing is done and it worked very well. The cut was good, it is a strong puller and took the hill with no problem but it is loud. You need some hearing protection with this one. For $299 I think it's a good value. Hopefully it'll last a long time.
 
The Honda Commercial mowers will do it.:eek: I've also had pretty good luck with my cub cadet, 5-speed self-propelled with the Kawasaki engine. They are available used in the $200.00 range. If money isn't an issue, take a look at the Ventrac mowers. They'll do a 30* slope up and down, and across!
Must be used, $200 range...and not at dealers either....
A used Ventrax must be in the $2000 range used, and I mean used !
When I find the time and energy, I'll have to go shopping...
 
READ THE POSTS !!!! OP does not want to spend much money. Disagree with your "$200 buys junk" statement.

Well, I did...the OP spent $300...a great value...Craftsman may be number one in sales quantity...I do not know, but I would believe it...
I still hold to "$200 buys junk", considering the OP's needs..
Our "needs" are very similar, the 10685 Lawn Boy works for me ($400 new) but the mowing time is long and I am old...
Its great exercise, mowing 1/2 acre plus with a 21" walk behind...
One man's junk is another's treasure.
And it appears to be another great day.
 
Back
Top