Need Briggs Vanguard Valvtrain Parts.

JonnyBlaze

Well-Known Member
Picked up a John Deere GT235. Guy said motor was junk. Got it home and put jump pack on it and it started right up but was only running on one cylinder. Upon inspection, I realized it was missing the rockers and related hardware as well as the valve cover. Called the guy up and he said he lost the parts. He thought it needed a headgasket, which he included the new one, but never got around to it. Here is a pic. It does have both push rods. Just can't see one in pic. Not sure if it's even worth fixing. Hood is all busted and seat is junk. Rest seems in good shape.
 

Attachments

  • 20180320_161321.jpg
    20180320_161321.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180320_161309.jpg
    20180320_161309.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180318_151539.jpg
    20180318_151539.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 19
Welcome back John, How's that "33" runnin.?? Sooooo ya got a "new" toy to figure out, BTW, nice shot of the engine info, EZ way to do, it AND,.. have a record of it ( provided you save the pic )

Vanguard Twin ..EHhhh..here's a manual for ya, cause I KNOW... you're gonna get into this thing ... :laughing:..:laughing:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6NaqjIxWV1yZHlwUk9CWlNwYVE/edit
Running great! I know I still owe you a video. Lol. Been really cold here last few days.

I wrote someone on Ebay about parts last night and this was their response.



"You need the late model stamped rockers and mounts. Also those studs are not factory. Someone has modified that head so you will likely have to modify the size of the mounting holes in the mounts and valve cover. I ha e the parts if you need them. $30 shipped."
 
Running great! I know I still owe you a video. Lol. Been really cold here last few days.

I wrote someone on Ebay about parts last night and this was their response.



"You need the late model stamped rockers and mounts. Also those studs are not factory. Someone has modified that head so you will likely have to modify the size of the mounting holes in the mounts and valve cover. I ha e the parts if you need them. $30 shipped."

Yeah I saw the "studs" they look like pieces of "all-thread" stuck in there, BEFORE you go buying ANY parts, MAKE SURE EVERYTHING you need, is AVAILABLE !! don't get stuck with something you can't repair for lack of a part, you might even wind-up having to put heli-coils in the head or even a new/used one. Never "bite off more than your wallet can chew".. Like I said, be careful about Evil-Bay ..!!! sometimes good, sometimes junk !!
 
Back
Top