Export thread

Need Briggs and Stratton Starter part number

X

xtal_01

Hello,

I have a IS2000Z mower with a 30 HP Briggs and Stratton

The Starter and or solenoid are acting up (takes several tries to get it to turn over even when jumped ... can hear a "click" but nothing moves).

I need to find a part number for the starter.

I can't seem to find a parts breakdown on B & S or Vanguard site.

Attached is a picture of the engine plate .. can someone please direct me to the correct parts breakdown?

Thanks!

Mike

Attachments

I

ILENGINE

That is the EPA tag and not an engine model number the Briggs model number will be in the format at xxxxxx-xxxx-xx and on Vanguard engines is typically a riveted tag close to the oil filter. But I have seen some of them stamped into one of the valve covers.

T

Tbone0106

The relevant engine numbers -- model no., series no., etc. -- will be stamped into the top surface of one of the valve covers.

X

xtal_01

OK ... I must be blind ... I checked the top (and bottom) of both valve covers ... nothing.

Looked at the side of the block ... nothing.

Where do I look for the #'s ???

On a high note ...the starter had a tag on it! So I know what I need.

I still would like to find the engine #. I keep things running forever (my truck is 37 years old .. more fiberglass than metal .. and my weed trimmer is now 38 years old) and am sure I will need parts in time.

Thanks .... Mike

Attachments

StarTech

StarTech

Briggs 809054 (Denso 428000-0230)
1682200542249.png
Briggs 809054 starter - DB Electrical

R

Rivets

My research comes up with engine number of 543777-0113-E1. Please post your units number off the ID tag so I can double check my info.