Need Advice

crispcleanlawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new in business and need advice on good ztr for my main mower. I currently have just an older John Deere lawn tractor 345 that is 19 horse watercooled kaw 54 deck etc. been great home mower and am planning on using as a back up but need good mower. I have a combo of stihl and husqvarna edgers trimmers etc. Any way have done ton of research found several true commercials in 7 to10 grand range graveleys, husqvarnas,toros, grasshoppers, kubotas, deere, all with pretty good dealers in the area, the best being a grasshopper dealer who is small and really caters to commercial folks with stihl and grasshopper etc. Here is my dilemma. I have come accross a 302 hour Kubota ztr that is in bettter than average shape, not perfect but very good. it is about 4 years old is a z23 I think. I know it has a 23 horse v twin and has the shaft drive etc like all kubotas and I have talked to previous owner. He traded it for a bigger John Deere. I brought it home mowed with it. Did great. IT is just that it was much more effort to operate than other ztrs I have demod. Much more pressure to steer etc. It also has the stamped deck 54inch al be it a very robust one with what looked like half inch steel around it. The problem is it is not exactly what I want long term but is less than half the price of a new one.and still looks pretty much new and runs great. Would it be better than just biting the bullit and getting a brand new one with the fab deck. If I buy new probably be kubota or grasshopper, I don t have a scag dealer nearby. I have looked at bad boys, cub cadets, as well ...Just wondering what you guys think. I can buy for 3500 bucks. Which would help me with other gear I need. I would have already jumped if it had the fabricated deck...just wondering...