Need Advice on this potential ZT purchase

Coachk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have roughly 6 acres of rolling, treed land to cut. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2005 Simplicity Commercial Stallion ZT 2761. 27 hp Kohler Command Engine. 61" cut. Heavy Duty bagger system. Independant suspension. Original paperwork. Maintained properly. Only 325 hours for around 5K.
I have also been looking at new 54 in Cub Cadets or John Deeres at Lowes for around $4000.

I realize that the Simplicity is commercial, but it is also 7 years old.
I am very new to this as I have ony used my 42 inch JD riding mower at my current home.

I would appreciate any advice that you can offer. My budget is $5K.

fsagames

Threads
I have a similar situation. I've been using a 2006 Cub Cadet LT-1050 (50 inch) that came with the property when we bought it 4 years ago, and we mow 6-7 acres in about 12-14 hours. There are lots of trees, some rough ground, some small inclines, some nice straight areas, the whole package. I recently bought a 2011 Hustler X1 60 inch ZT mower because I wanted commercial quality; I expect to cut my time down to maybe 4 hours, and I don't want to ever buy another mower. Sure they cost a LOT more, but from what I understand, the commercials are so much better, they are definitely worth the price. I haven't used the Hustler yet, but the grass is finally starting to grow and I'm chomping at the bit to get out there. I will report back on my first experience after it happens.