Export thread

Need a pic of the throttle and choke linkages

S

Searles400

Does anyone have a pic or could take one to show me how your throttle and choke linkages is setup. Like which holes and everything. I've got a scag turf tiger stt61v-27ch with kohler command 27. I got it used and noticed the smaller spring was missing and I believe causing a surge when at idle. The larger spring was also in the wrong hole so I'm trying to get a picture to see how someone else's is setup Thanks in advance.

S

Searles400

Here's a pic of mine

Attachments

S

Searles400

Almost 50 views and not one person can take a pic real quick. I'm begging lol

BlazNT

BlazNT

I have a 24hp Kolher with vertical shaft. If you think that will work I will take picture.

S

Searles400

I don't believe it would be the same but I really appreciate it. No one else has a 27hp kohler turf tiger?

C

clay45

Sorry. My TigerCat has a Kawasaki engine.

R

Rivets

First of all I see that you don't have the patience of JOB. It's been less than twelve hours, do you think people are waiting to help you and should be at your beckncall? You don't even have the in site to provide the engine model and spec numbers. That being said here is a service manual, maybe it will help and don't expect a lot more with your expecting attitude.

http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Koh...d-CV17-CV18-CV20-CV22-CV25-CV22-CV23-CV26.pdf

S

Searles400

So first let me say I was joking when I said no one can take a quick pic....hence following up with I'm begging lol. So no i dont think anyone is waiting to answer my every question. Second you must be pretty pathetic and miserable to come on here with that kind of attitude like I give a wooden nickel what you think of me. I was mearly making a joking statement that out of almost quick views no one had a 27hp turf tiger.....model ch740-0041by the way....thank you for the service manual but I already have the one for my engine but the diagram doesn't show exactly how mine is setup with regard to the linkages and how they are run....the reason I was asking for a picture. Thank in advance to ANYONE ELSE who may be of some help and please don't take my lighthearted kidding as being impatient.

BlazNT

BlazNT

Ok in your picture compared to the manual the small spring does not belong. The large spring goes in #2. Im at work right now and can not take picture. 4 pm before I can put one up. We have the same setup when it comes to the linkage by the manual.

S

Searles400

Thanks man but I don't think yours is going to be the same as mine. I appreciate it tho.

BlazNT

BlazNT

Thanks man but I don't think yours is going to be the same as mine. I appreciate it tho.

Good enough I won't waste my time.

B

bertsmobile1

Almost 50 views and not one person can take a pic real quick. I'm begging lol

:welcome:

The generations with extended texting thumbs :thumbsup: picks up on LOL.:laughing:
The rest of us old farts need smilies to convey emotions :thumbdown:
particularly the trade members who scan quickly through posts while on the phone placing orders and writing invoices.
I initally missed you lol myself and would have given you a similar response but was beaten to it and don't like me tooing.
They even have a cute :anyone: if you did not get a response.

Govenor springs do not cause surging, blocked fuel passages in the carb or air leaks on the engine side of the fuel venturi in the carb cause surging most times.
the rest of the time it will be a govenor malfunction.

The manual tells you how to hook up the govenor and which springs holes to use.
They only change the response to the govenor.
The spring holds the throttle open the govenor works against that spring to close down the throttle.

Next, a lot of members use the "recient posts" function or the email function so if their email app sends out receipts it will show up as a view and in my case I hit recient posts 3 or 4 times a day as I surf this forum when I come up for a cuppa or pee so 4 of those 50 could have been me and not necessarily other owners deliberately ignoring you.

R

Rivets

First of all, Pathetic and miserable are some of the nicer things I'm call, but abbreviations and little pics have never been a part of technical services. You seem to have an answer for everyone of the techs who offer help, telling them " Thanks but no Thanks," not the same as mine. Nice try at back tracking in your response to me, but I've forgotten more about carbs, governors and linkages than you'll ever know. If you are half as smart as you portray, you should be able to use your manual (if you read it and not just look at the pictures) to figure your problem out. Or you could just reread Berts reply, as he told you how to do it.

S

Searles400

How about you just stop posting on this thread since you and I are obviously just going to clash.

Bert thank you for the response and I apoligize if my other post came off as being impatient...it truly wasn't meant that way. I ran some seafoam through it and it seems to have helped with the surging. The control bracket has holes labeled 1 through 4 and a hole labeled G. The previous owner had the governor spring in the #3 hole of the control bracket and no idle spring. The manual shows the idle spring in the #1 hole and the gov. Spring in #4. Should I put it back to what the manual shows or like he had it. Also I was under impression that without the idle spring it would idle up and down since it doesn't have the spring to counterbalance. Thanks again for any advice.

B

bertsmobile1

read carefully the govenor setting section of the manual several times
Then sit down and move everything by hand and see what goes where and how it moves when you open the throttle and when the govenor moves back & forth.
Returning the setting to those the book shows usually will not hurt and you can always put them back.
A trip past a scag dealer won't hurt particularly with your camera phone in hand.
I for one think the choke is fouling on the throttle.

R

Rivets

You are correct, my time was well spent, as I see that you have finally learned to read the manual. Once again teaching takes different methods for different people. follow Bert's directions, don't second guess him, and you'll solve your problem.