Need a brand recommendation

Hershey

Threads
I have a pool and it has a specially put in set of chrome bars to help with getting in and out. The bottom part of it actually ends up covered by the water a lot. This bottom part has started to rust. Does someone know of how to get the rust off and what I can do to keep it from spreading? Links to specific products would be appreciated or at least names of things you believe would work.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you had a quality set of chrome plated bars... and they are rusting, I would check the Ph of the water ... if it ate up good chrome plate you have some water problems.... Is this in a salt chlorine system?
If you feel the Ph is correct and the water has ate up a good plating, your only direction left will be stainless steel... KennyV

cren

Threads
I have seen this happen with a few friends and even though stainless steel is nice not everyone wants to replace their pool handles, even when the PH is proper. Its one of the few reasons we have yet to install a pool into our area even though we have plenty of room. :)

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thats one of the many maintaince problem$ with having a pool... That$ why I don't have one... too much overhead
You have to replace things as they decay and get eaten by the universal solvent WATER with chemicals ... KennyV

Roger

Threads
What about something simple like E-Z Stain Remover? I know its been used for my parents place before but we never actually ordered it online. I caught this on Amazon earlier when I was book shopping. :)