My XT2 GX54FAB will not start, makes whinning noise

geojason1975

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, my GT sat out in the elements for about 3 weeks (did start and run it several times during this) but we had a heavy rain and now when I attempt to start it there is a loud whining whirring noise but the engine will not crank. It has been a little slow to start over the past 3 months or so. The battery says 12.4v and I only have 46 hrs on the machine. DOM 11/2016 has a 26HP Kohler. I am looking for ideas, COVID has made getting a hold of a service person a near impossible task.

Mower King

Threads
Hello, my GT sat out in the elements for about 3 weeks (did start and run it several times during this) but we had a heavy rain and now when I attempt to start it there is a loud whining whirring noise but the engine will not crank. It has been a little slow to start over the past 3 months or so. The battery says 12.4v and I only have 46 hrs on the machine. DOM 11/2016 has a 26HP Kohler. I am looking for ideas, COVID has made getting a hold of a service person a near impossible task.
A heavy rain....and sometimes, a not so heavy rain with wind, can get water in / on the starter drive and, the water makes it slip until it is dried. This could be your problem.