My newest project Lawn-Boy Model 6254

Fireman 123

Threads
bubbasmithson said:
couple more images

do you think i should source parts out for the mower, or part it out since the deck is in bad shape?

Hmm...I would hate parting with that mower if it were mine. You should check with a welding shop about fixing that deck, and go from there. Does it run? Anyway, that's what I'd do.

bubbasmithson

Threads
it doesn't run. i really would rather completely overhaul it. I will have more pics soon. There is some damage that can't been seen in any previous pics. There is a crack behind the front right wheel. The mower must have run over something hard that cracked it.

scott47429

Threads
a good fabrication shop will be able to fix that deck with no problem now what it will cost who knows but it scan be fixed and if there good you wont be able to tell it when there done and its painted

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
About the engine:

Does it have good compression? If you don't have a gauge, how does it feel?

Does it have spark?

I'm still puzzled by the serial number (not enough digits -- I suspect something is different with the Canadian mowers.)

The engine that's pictured on partstree.com for a model 6254 looks like a D-series to me. The carb is virtually identical to my model 6255 (D-series.)

I wouldn't part that mower out until I had a clear idea of what it would take to fix it. I haven't heard anything yet to indicate that major engine work is needed.

robinb66

Threads
its a d400 sereies engine the litle traingular piece of metal on the side of the cylinder head gives that away
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::wink::biggrin: