Export thread

My New Toy

D

donrus

This was a1998 Murray Garden Tractor to begin with. In pretty rough shape.

Almost have it finished and it is now Garden Tractor/4Wheeler....... :smile:

Will finish up over the next day or so. Need to put back on seat cover, engine pulley, and repair hole in gas tank.

Then play time.

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

This was a1998 Murray Garden Tractor to begin with. In pretty rough shape.

Almost have it finished and it is now Garden Tractor/4Wheeler....... :smile:

Will finish up over the next day or so. Need to put back on seat cover, engine pulley, and repair hole in gas tank.

Then play time.

What a transformation! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see some more pics of it once it's fully complete.

Catherine

Catherine

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

You have made some amazing progress with that machine!

RoperGuy

RoperGuy

Looks pretty good and a nice solid tractor to start with, how do you have it geared?

D

donrus

Thank you all for the likes.

It still has the original pulley on the transaxle and motor. New belt though.

I figured I would run it around a little before changing the ratios. I have an idea for making a switchable high range setup for it. That way it would have original torque for pulling and then kick it into high range and run faster down the road.

RoperGuy

RoperGuy

Now I'm curious, how would you plan to do that ?

D

donrus

Working on the design.

will include the use of a 'one way/overrun' pulley and electric clutch and a jackshaft about mid way of the tractor.

When I get the design down (mainly finding the right parts) I will post a simple drawing.

D

donrus

Hi Admin

This thread my not be the type for the 'New Members' posting. If it is not please move it to where it should be. I wasn't planning on it to grow.

Thank you.

Catherine

Catherine

Hi Admin

This thread my not be the type for the 'New Members' posting. If it is not please move it to where it should be. I wasn't planning on it to grow.

Thank you.

No worries. I've moved it along to the Murray section. Best of luck with finishing up your project!

D

donrus

Thank you......

D

donrus

It is running and the Yard.

I have a sleeve hitch that I am going to put on it. I also have a back plow and need to smooth some parts of the drive way.

I also have a few small things to still do to it...... like maybe a brush guard.

Attachments

P

Pumper54

Looks super nice. Hopefully you will not mind getting wet and muddy if you blow through any puddles with out front fenders.
What every well equipped mower needs:
Murray front view winch mounted.jpg

I have a very steep hill that I need to go up when riding back from mowing the pond's dam and if I tow the trailer behind the mower it just will not make it up the hill so I use the wench to help pull it up the hill.
Tom

D

donrus

Thank you.... Fenders would be nice. That is part of the down the road things to do.

Very good idea.... Your winch is cool.

RoperGuy

RoperGuy

Can't go wrong with a winch

image-1998333817.jpg

D

donrus

RoperGuy I do like your winch set up.

P

Pumper54

RoperGuy
That is a first class looking set up.

Tom

Boobala

Boobala

Truly AWESOME ....... Out of curiosity, were you, or are now an aircraft mechanic...?? Also your pics are just great .......... MORE please..... I stated my "project" LAST WINTER, although its runnin & useable it's still incomplete ....... I hate excuses .....but old age , money, & DISTRACTIONS , ........ LOTS of distractions ( honey - do's ) have kept me from finishing my project & now I "inherited" another sick ol 42 incher , ( keeps me outa trouble ya know ) You have a GREAT MONTH sir......... Boobala .........:thumbsup:

D

donrus

Hi...

Not an aircraft mechanic. Why do you think I might be?

I was in Civil Engineering in the Air Force..... a life time ago. And have been a licensed General Contractor and a Cabinetmaker/Woodworker sense the Air Force. Small engines and old tube radio have been always been my hobbies....... along with CNC and computers. Guess I am kind of a Jack of all Trades with the hobbies.

My boys say I am regressing and said No...... I am starting over..... :)

Pics are taking with my Cell Phone.... and thanks.

Boobala

Boobala

Hi...

Not an aircraft mechanic. Why do you think I might be?

I was in Civil Engineering in the Air Force..... a life time ago. And have been a licensed General Contractor and a Cabinetmaker/Woodworker sense the Air Force. Small engines and old tube radio have been always been my hobbies....... along with CNC and computers. Guess I am kind of a Jack of all Trades with the hobbies.

My boys say I am regressing and said No...... I am starting over..... :)

Pics are taking with my Cell Phone.... and thanks.

First noticed what I think is ZINC - CHROMATE Primer on the machine ...... ??? About THEE only primer used in the Acft. trades ... Next the apparent attention to detail....... I was in A. F. ( 66-70 ) Jet Eng Mech. , been in many trades since then also. Bending wrenches started with scooters & Go-Karts in the 60's now I'm at the end of my 60's and theres no rust or dust on my tools yet ( LOL ) Seems all the former military guys that were a mech. of one sort or another still take pride in their work & ....... we know how to improvise when need be ! Again ...... have a GREAT month, & keep up the AWESOME work , lookin forward to future pics ....... B 4 & After is the best !!!!!! Boobala ......:thumbsup: