Murray 500e question

supergrendel

Forum Newbie
I have a Murray 500e with engine model 09P6020096F1. When I put gas in the tank you can see a steady flow of fuel run out the this nipple at the bottom of the carburetor. I don't know if I'm missing a line that's supposed to run back to the gas tank or what. Maybe the pics will help? Sorry they are sideways in the forums but not on my PC. IMG_0306.jpgIMG_0307.jpg
 
I am not familiar with that carb … but I have had a similar situation on a power washer …. The float in the bowl was stuck in the open position allowing fuel to continue to fill the bowl and out the overflow in a continuous stream.

If you google your stuff, it might be an overflow. If so, your carb fuel bowl float is stuck. Sometimes a few taps with a hammer or something on the outside of the bowl will dislodge the float/needle valve. Otherwise, simply remove the bowl (usually one bolt on the bottom of the bowl) and free up the float/needle valve with your finger. If that is an overflow......
 
Back
Top