murray 30500x92a

rvankuijk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can get an old murray 30 inch 11 HP mower that has been idle for while. It leaks clean oil slowly. What could that be from? The owner states it is because it has not run for a while. He started it right up and rode it, seems to be fine. #Will I go wrong getting this?

Duffer72

Threads
Could be a crank seal, engine base gasket, dipstick tube o-ring, blown head gasket on a overhead valve engine, or any other gasket, without knowing engine #'s it is hard to say, nothing too major in my opinion, it if runs it's worth some $,

motorrefurb

Threads
Wow, well that can be anything......... :frown: My guess is its coming through the valve cover or the crankcase gasket, but don't worry, a little gasket maker will fix it and it's real cheap too. Don't pass on a great offer :smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

Like everyone has said... get it and repair the problem... How much is it going to cost you ...?
The fix shouldn't cost much... KennyV

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
If its cheep enough and runs - id get it. i picked up a $25 12HP MTD a few years back, motor ran, but after its inital running it started seriously leaking oil from underneath.

I took the motor off, spent $5 on a pan gasket and crank seal - took a few minutes to change them and hasnt leaked since.