Murray 10hp Tecumseh no spark

truckermatt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Murray 10hp Tecumseh no fuel to carb

Hello On my tecumseh TVM220 motor i get no spark under normal conditons.. But when i remove the green wire from the ignition solenoid i get spark.

Also, The mower sat for many years, and when i got it, it would start with (wire removed) but would surge badly and only run with about 1/2 choke.
So i took off the carb and cleaned every hole with wire and carb cleaner, but i put it back together and it cranks over with spark but no firing up.. Fresh gas and a new fuel line were used ( the old one had oil-gas residue in it.)

fuel is flowing from tank to the carb but then it stops, when i took the carb off again it was completely dry from the first time still.

Any advice would be helpful Thanks, matt

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No spark, follow the kill wire back to the kill switch, looking for where it is either cut or pinched. This would cause the no spark condition.

No fuel, I would remove the carb again and give it a good bath. When reassembling it, install a new float needle and seat. If you need a procedure on how to do it it, post back with your engine model numbers. My guess is the part number you'll need is 631021B.