Mulching blades that can still actually lift grass?

Tool.Man

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Mulching blades that can still actually lift grass?
I have experimented with "lift". What I found is that the bigger the "wing" opposite the cutting edge (reasonably speaking), the more lift there is. Having understood that, several years ago I began adding to standard blades. I weld on extensions to the "wing" using mild steel of the same thickness as the "wing". I add one inch and blend everything perfectly, then balance the blade.

CAUTION: Try it at your own risk. You're building a grenade if your not truly proficient at welding. Should one extension come free, it's probably coming through the shell like a bullet and your mower is going to shake itself so badly you won't likely be able to hold on to it. Make sure your deadman switch works.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am in OZ so I browse at different times to most in the USA
Spammers usually attack in the small hours of the morning local time so the spam has the greatest chance of being read with your morning corn flakes before the IT departments get to work & clean it up .

moparjoe

Threads
Gravely 60" ZT HD, 2017. Every fall I install https://www.gravely.com/en-us/part/zero-turn-mulching-kit---60-in-decks-79105900 the mulching kit, mainly because without it, the leaves blow out the side chute w/o ever being cut up. So again this year I tackle the project. Sharpen & balance the blades, set the height to 4" (from 4.25") and have at it. And once again the cut just isn't 'even', not like the Oregon high-lift blades give me during the summer months. So my question is, is there such an animal as a high-lift mulching blade that would work with this kit?
There sure is a kit that will solve you whole leaf problem, it's called a chain saw. Cut the trees down and you get rid of the leaf problem permanently. You also wont have to clean your gutters out either.