Mulching Blade use with bagger attached?

Dave180

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good day all, new member, old lawn mower (me). I have a Gator blade on a Cub Cadet LT1 42" It works OK I guess. I have the opportunity to obtain a very low priced rear bagger as I have many leaves in the fall and the Gator doesn't do so well when there's lots of leaves. I am curious if this combination will actually work with mulching blade designed to mulch, but a bagger designed to collect grass/leaves.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
My push Toro has a recycling (mulching) blade and it bags fine, including leaves. Worst case you might have to replace the blades but I would at least try it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No
Gators do not throw particularly well
If you want to run Gators with a bagger you really need a blower
Fallen leaves are really light and they need a lot of wind to move then and the best way to bag them is with a lawn vacuum
The other trick is to do what we old farts had to do before there were grass catchers
Start from the outside and mow clockwise to the middle so you continually toss the clippings into a pile in the middle for the lawn.
Back when I was a lad we used to mow a 6 x 6 square in the middle of the lawn then stake a tarp over the mown patch
Then go to the outside and mow into the center till all of the grass was on the tarp

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
No
Gators do not throw particularly well
If you want to run Gators with a bagger you really need a blower
Fallen leaves are really light and they need a lot of wind to move then and the best way to bag them is with a lawn vacuum
The other trick is to do what we old farts had to do before there were grass catchers
Start from the outside and mow clockwise to the middle so you continually toss the clippings into a pile in the middle for the lawn.
Back when I was a lad we used to mow a 6 x 6 square in the middle of the lawn then stake a tarp over the mown patch
Then go to the outside and mow into the center till all of the grass was on the tarp
My bad, I assumed his new bagger would have a blower with it.