Export thread

muffler full of grass

A

Al-

Well I have stopped with old snow blower( 1964 bobcat) and decided to take a closer look at my long neglected old faithful that showed signs of smoking this fall. I've had this mower for many years and originally bought at a lawn sale. I don't know what year it is but the model no. 5126 and sn is 9364475. I took the muffler off which had a hole in it and inside was loaded with oily grass clipping which I assume entered the muffler through the hole and might be the cause of some of the smoking. If anyone could give me information, like the year or where I might get parts, etc. that would be appreciated.

Attachments

P

Phototone

That is an "F" engine. Most parts are readily available for "F" series engines. There were changes thru the years of "F" engines, most notably the mufflers changes a bit, and of course when the "compliance" models were introduced, the flywheel brake mechanism was added.

J

jp1961

FYI, GM Top engine cleaner, which you can get at any General Motors dealership, does a good job of removing carbon deposits. It comes in a spray can.

Jeff