Export thread

Mudding & Hot-Rod Mowers

Boobala

Boobala

Just curious as to how many members are "INTO" turning mowers into mud-machines or racing them ... and if they would post their
member name & pics of their machines ... THESE are the fellas that probably know mowers like the back of their hand.. Which mowers
do you consider the best choice for that purpose...?? ...:thumbsup:

P

Pumper54

I may turn my Murray into a general all purpose machine if we get an other rider for the house and take the one at the house to the farm. I also have a Swisher Trail mower that use on the fields now and after breaking the blade belt on the Murray yesterday finished mowing the fields with the Swisher. Pulling the deck off the Murray would aloow me to use it the pull the trail mower and all the carts and spreaders we have at the farm a bit easier.

Check out You Tube for ideas on how folks mod out the mowers for more speed and off road ability.

Tom

Boobala

Boobala

I may turn my Murray into a general all purpose machine if we get an other rider for the house and take the one at the house to the farm. I also have a Swisher Trail mower that use on the fields now and after breaking the blade belt on the Murray yesterday finished mowing the fields with the Swisher. Pulling the deck off the Murray would aloow me to use it the pull the trail mower and all the carts and spreaders we have at the farm a bit easier.

Check out You Tube for ideas on how folks mod out the mowers for more speed and off road ability.

Tom

Well Tom ... I was actually wondering how members on LMF are into this stuff ...and who are they
I'm just plain NOSEY !!

Carscw

Carscw

image-2508780524.jpg

Murray are the best.
This has a 6 inch engine pulley.
2 inch transaxle pulley. With a 5 speed locked spicer. Does 30 mph in 3rd

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Boobala

Boobala

View attachment 31648

Murray are the best.
This has a 6 inch engine pulley.
2 inch transaxle pulley. With a 5 speed locked spicer. Does 30 mph in 3rd

Hey Cars,, lookin good there... 30 mph ..??? gotta be a lil scary !! what size wheels ya got they dont look
like 8 inchers ...make your own pulleys somehow or buy them ..?? ..Thanks for the input , I hope others join in ...:thumbsup:

Carscw

Carscw

https://youtu.be/-o5Dt_dpOv8

Carscw

Carscw

I modify the engine pulley so that I can flip it to the 6 inch pulley that is usually on the bottom.
The transaxle pulley I buy at tractor supply.
I run a 5/8 belt. Add extra pulleys and belt guides. Replace the clutch spring with two trampoline springs side by side.

Carscw

Carscw

I only ride off road have about 20 acres of trails a few jumps some nice corners.
Handles real good going fast in the dirt. Kinda out of control on the road.

Front wheel are 10 inch off the back of a craftsman. Backs are 8 inch with atv tires.

Roger B

Roger B

Cars,

That is too cool! Do you have any pictures of the build? Does the original engine handle the increased torque load alright?

Roger B

J

JBrzoz00

I'm so looking for a used rider on craigslist now.

Boobala

Boobala

What do you guy's do with the cutting decks..?? AND, .. how bout some more pic's, you guy's get into real tear-downs of the entire mower, don't ya's ..?? Is there a particular or exclusive place where you get your parts or do you, do a lot of trial & error self-fabrication..?? MORE PIC'S , MORE PIC'S !!!! ..:thumbsup:

Boobala

Boobala

Ran across this , talk about fabrication ..!!!! Sure hope HIS Honey-Do list was completed BEFORE, he started this project !!
YES it's a Go-Kart but I consider it a COUSIN to a mudder !! ..:laughing:

16832862761251f87129b34e856bddad--karting-hotrods.jpg

Boobala

Boobala

OOoopps, found another, ..

1424477abe30b984319783b493789b89--lawn-mower-go-kart-racing-lawn-mowers.jpg