Much needed maintenance

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Glad to hear you’re back in business. I wasn’t trying to hurt anyone feelings when I question their electrical experience, I’ve learned the hard way that trying to help those with limited experience is asking for trouble. Three things I’ve learn about dealing with little critters and wiring. You can place moth balls or scented dryer sheets under the dash. Another way if you have an area they have hit more than once is to put a light coat of grease on the wires in that area, then sprinkle the grease with a good coating of cayenne pepper.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Or use cats for the reason we originally domesticated them.
Keep one in the shed
Feed it only in the shed in the morning and lock it in overnight
That way it will be hungry all night & bored so nothing that moves in there will survive the night.
Big feed in the morning and it will find a sunny spot to sleep & digest the meal so leave most of the external wildlife alone .

deminin

Threads
With regard to the oil leak....I've got the same mower, and I've had a couple of instances where I had the same oil leak.....the oil filter working loose. Now, when I replace the filter, I hand tighten it, then give it an extra 1/4 turn...otherwise, the normal vibration seems to cause it to work loose. I keep it stored in my workshop, and hook the battery up to a trickle charger about once a week.

Old_Paint

Threads
With regard to the oil leak....I've got the same mower, and I've had a couple of instances where I had the same oil leak.....the oil filter working loose. Now, when I replace the filter, I hand tighten it, then give it an extra 1/4 turn...otherwise, the normal vibration seems to cause it to work loose. I keep it stored in my workshop, and hook the battery up to a trickle charger about once a week.
I seem to be using mine often enough, even through the winter, to keep it charged. Like I said, when I took the battery off the mower, in 15 minutes my charger was showing full charge using 2 amp trickle. I have quite a few water oak trees in my yard, as well as red oak and a few elms. I pick up leaves about every two weeks or so after they start falling, and haul them to a big wash I have across my property behind the back yard. I should have some big ol' night crawlers working in the leaves/grass clippings and other small mulch. I've been dumping back there for 15+ years. I think I'll invite them to go fishing with me after I retire. :)

Old_Paint

Threads
Glad to hear you’re back in business. I wasn’t trying to hurt anyone feelings when I question their electrical experience, I’ve learned the hard way that trying to help those with limited experience is asking for trouble. Three things I’ve learn about dealing with little critters and wiring. You can place moth balls or scented dryer sheets under the dash. Another way if you have an area they have hit more than once is to put a light coat of grease on the wires in that area, then sprinkle the grease with a good coating of cayenne pepper.
Takes a lot more than that to hurt my feelings. I just get amused when folks tell me how to handle 'the juice'. I'm one of those people that likes to be grossly underestimated. That way, I don't disappoint.

Old_Paint

Threads
Or use cats for the reason we originally domesticated them.
Keep one in the shed
Feed it only in the shed in the morning and lock it in overnight
That way it will be hungry all night & bored so nothing that moves in there will survive the night.
Big feed in the morning and it will find a sunny spot to sleep & digest the meal so leave most of the external wildlife alone .
I found someone's dead cat tracks on my truck one time. ......

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I found someone's dead cat tracks on my truck one time. ......
Nope, not good enough it has to be a live one.

I hate cats but the worksop is in a corner of 1000 acres of mainly pasture so in good seasons there wan no stopping thoce !#** field mice.
Too light to spring most traps and it was a contest I was loosing big time
Got a free cat from the local vet
Got it used to sleeping in the shed
Now the only mice I see are the dozen or so headless ones laying on the floor each morning
Don't know why she only eats the heads & don't care just so log as they are not upstairs annoying me .
I usually leave around dusk so she gets locked in then & stays there till I arrive in the morning between 8 & 10.
Cat litter goes in the compost & most of the wild life is intact but I had to change the possum boxes so she could not get in .

Only losers are the Plovers & Buggies as they are ground nesters .