Export thread

mtd yardman hn7180 early model wont move

M

Markallsopp

yardman HN7180 HYDRO MOWER

starts and runs ok cutter works but wont move forward or back when put in gear on .
put on jacks still now movement from wheels.

it has no grass collector on rear is there any micro switches that cuts the drive out if so where?

can I get a workshop manual or wiring diagram anywhere

M

Midniteoyl

yardman HN7180 HYDRO MOWER

starts and runs ok cutter works but wont move forward or back when put in gear on .
put on jacks still now movement from wheels.

it has no grass collector on rear is there any micro switches that cuts the drive out if so where?

can I get a workshop manual or wiring diagram anywhere

Link to manuals.. http://support.mtdproducts.com/app/...perators-manuals-&-illustrated-parts-diagrams

I dont know that model, but, is there a belt driving the hydro pump? Is it there?

M

Markallsopp

belt hydro pump ? thought only one belt on it ?

M

Midniteoyl

belt hydro pump ? thought only one belt on it ?

As I said, I dont know your model.. However, most of these MTD Hydro drive units have a double pully on the engine shaft. The upper one runs all the way back to drive the hydro pump. Looks like this:

Oregon+44-367+Pulley,+Engine+Double+Hydro+Drive+MTD+756-0983_M.jpg

BlazNT

BlazNT

13AF794N643

M

Markallsopp

13AF794N643
yep that's the one 13AF794N643 any idea where I may get any info on it?

BlazNT

BlazNT

This is the belt you need to go from engine pulley to trans pulley. That is one expensive belt.
754-0125A BELT-V 1/2 x 105 LG 754-0125 £121.69
http://www.yardmanspares.co.uk/yard-man-lawn-tractors/hn-7180/13af794n643-1998
That is the site for your parts. You will have to call MTD for owners manual or service manual.

BlazNT

BlazNT

I'm not saying to go and buy the belt I'm saying you need to look under the mower and see if you have one installed or not. If you do we can trouble shoot why it is not working. If you don't have one then it will have to be purchased.

M

Markallsopp

I'm not saying to go and buy the belt I'm saying you need to look under the mower and see if you have one installed or not. If you do we can trouble shoot why it is not working. If you don't have one then it will have to be purchased.

if it the belt that goes around the cutter drive then yes it has one and goes on bottom pulley if not I need to get looking again

BlazNT

BlazNT

It connects in the same place as the cutter belt except higher on a different pulley and goes all the way to the back of the mower to a pulley on the transmission. If you don't see both belts connected to the engine pulley then that is your problem.

M

Midniteoyl

What am I missing here? I linked you to the MTD manual page where you can get an Op manual AND a Service manual.. I told you about the belt. I showed you the pulley.. If you are not gonna actually go LOOK at your machine, no one here can help you.

M

Markallsopp

What am I missing here? I linked you to the MTD manual page where you can get an Op manual AND a Service manual.. I told you about the belt. I showed you the pulley.. If you are not gonna actually go LOOK at your machine, no one here can help you.
You not missing anything but I am not near my mower again until at least Thursday so just asking questions so I know where to look! Thanks for the info so far