MTD Yard Machine

RoyBen

Forum Newbie
I have a Yard Machine with a 12.5 Briggs and it only fires once. Could this be a ignition problem? -MTD Yard Machine 38" c ut
Model 13A762F752
ENGINE- 12.5 Briggs & Stratton
 
Last edited:
I have a Yard Machine with a 12.5 Briggs and it only fires once. Could this be a ignition problem?

We need a little more detail ...AND your Mowers INFO ..use my info as an example .. Boobala
(We don't need EVERTHING .. but the more the better ...)
 
Don't understand what you mean by " only fires once " explain further ..
in the meantime you may want to go over this ...

T-S PAGE 2.JPG...T-S PG 1.JPG

click on items , click again to enlarge or use your puter zoom feature ...
 
yo Boo

you jolly on the spot today must be doing good

Yeah I'm gettin to movin around a lil better , but these staples in my groin area ARE a pain in the ??????????? ( LOL )

OH YEAH ... sorry,... I forgot your name ..??? Bubba..? Zeke..? James Lewcious ..? SUE ..???? ( LOL )
 
When I turn the key the engine fires once and continues cranking. it does this every time I try to start the engine

I will assume you at least looked at the charts and checked a few things over ...
I am giving you a link to another posting that has a really good procedure to test a no-start situation


see POST # 2 ....of this posting ( from bertsmobile1 ) a VERY smart technician ...

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showt...sman-ridin-mower-model-917-258524-won-t-start

Honestly .... I'm to lazy to type all this of procedure over ...when a few clicks gives it to you ... Boobala
 
Get an inline spark tester fit it & watch what happens when you are cranking the engine.
If the nenon tube keeps on flashing and the engine is not running then you have a fuel problem.
If no flashes you have a sparking problem.

Otherwise it is a very long process .
 
Back
Top