MTD 990?

MCMTD

Forum Newbie
I think I have a early 80s MTD 147-990 yard tractor. Any one know when they quit making that model. It was repainted when I bought it and the person could tell me nothing about it and I cannot find any serial numbers anywhere need information on the carb and a new muffler.
 
I think I have a early 80s MTD 147-990 yard tractor. Any one know when they quit making that model. It was repainted when I bought it and the person could tell me nothing about it and I cannot find any serial numbers anywhere need information on the carb and a new muffler.

They quit making the 990 is because MTD came out with a new model, the 995, 996, ect. MTD bought White Outdoor and White had the 995 models. So they replaced the 990 with the White models. The 990 model is a good tractor. You can find more info on gardentractortalk.com or tractortalk.com You need to find model # off engine for carb parts, or go on ebay. MTD made 990 tractors for lots of companies. You just have to look hard. Try more tractor forums. Good Luck
 
Back
Top