Export thread

MT 23 Gear oil

P

Pochie

2013 Mower purchased new. The gearbox oil fill/check tube for the PTO I understand, have drained and replaced at 100 hours. The deck drive gearboxes I check yearly and understand. In greasing today, after many times I saw a label on the machine under(near) the battery area. There is a Allen screw that says to take out to check oil level (80-90w). What is this oil for gears in the engine? Transmission? I cannot find info in the manual. Anyway, I cannot budge the allen screw to check it anyway. I have 350 hours on in 9 seasons. I assume it is factory filled and doesn't need checked? Thanks for any input. Pochie

M

mechanic mark

Post mower manufacturer, model & serial numbers.

P

Pochie

Post mower manufacturer, model & serial numbers.
Kohler engine...Walker Mower MT23GHS...Tractor SN: 122738...Engine Model#: CH23-CH680

M

mechanic mark

See pages 10 & 62 in manual above, & read through manual in Lubrication Section. You may need to purchase or borrow an Allen Head Socket to fit I believe 3/8 drive. Let us know how it goes,thanks Mark

P

Pochie

See pages 10 & 62 in manual above, & read through manual in Lubrication Section. You may need to purchase or borrow an Allen Head Socket to fit I believe 3/8 drive. Let us know how it goes,thanks Mark
Just getting on forum due to health.
Will read info you sent..thanks@