Mower won't re-start after it gets hot

ptbeanie

Forum Newbie
I have a gas Yard works push mower. It starts with the first pull, as ever, but if I start to mow, and then stop, it will not re-start. It's been slowly getting worse this summer.
 
You need to supply more details.
What model of mower? What engine is fitted?
What have you done to try and repair it?

Its like saying iv got a red car whats wrong with it. There is a lot of red cars!! :thumbsup:
 
Ha! Obviously my cluelessness shows thorough. It's a Tecumseh LEV105. Should it say somewhere on the mower what size engine it is? I couldn't find it, and don't have the manual.
I've put fresh fuel and oil in it, and cleaned the air filter as best I can. Will get a new one next time I go to town.
 
Could be dirty carb causing problem.
Could be losing spark at coil when hot.
You need to start eliminating area to find out whats wrong.

Try a spark tester on spark plug lead when hot and see if it sparks.
If it doesnt its a coil problem. If it does its carb or something associated with it.

If you are not confident take it to a dealer.
 
Back
Top