Mower With Manual Choke

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
ONE company, that is overseas, stops making baby formula. Say that again to yourself. What happened?

These CEO's know how to manipulate the US customer. Toilet paper outage? WTF

This is all a democratic comedy show right? Tonight on Comedy Central, Joe Biden.......

Back to lawn mowers LOL.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What a lot people don't understand the presidents are not the ones that controls things in the US government, they can only ask for things to be done. They are just scapegoats. It is the Congress controls most of the things which is right evenly split and one side wants to do things and the other keeps saying no damn way you are going to do anything just because we don't want you to do things. As long they keeping fighting each other instead trying to work together we are going to stay in the mess we are in. Corporations are taking advantage of this infighting and putting the screws to all of us.

And it don't help a bit that other countries like Russia and China are causing problems too.

BTW I have yet to see a penny of the stimulus money that was authorized under Trump. Nor have any of the stimulus money authorized under Biden have been seen. Heck the Idiot Ran Service (IRS) has yet to even bothered to process my tax forms for the last two years. So this coming year I will owe some and they can just suck wind as I am not sending in a payment. I just file without payment. Then they will probably start threatening me for their failures to do their job.

My mistake was to borrow money based the initial claim of a payment as I need it to invest in my company. At least I didn't depend on the other payments as I was already stung by the first one.

Oh BTW we currently have a tampon shortage so women now having sanitary problems. I think if all the women just go on strike things will start getting done.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Opinions are that. Opinions. If you live in a state that is outlawing ICE engines it isn't going to mean diddly squat when you can't get a gas replacement, or parts without becoming some kind of felon if you import them. All my pieces of power equipment except a weed wacker are gasoline powered, and most of them 15 - 25 years old. As I said, my Toro mower has been excellent, it is a pull cord start. My next door neighbor has the same but it has electric start and his has been flawless too. My Toro starts on the first pull even after 14 years. It puts out a small puff of grey smoke (oil) when it starts but it has since day 1.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As Star mentioned
Governments do not run countries
Companies run countries unless it is a dictatorship or communist country
And companies now days are run by the large funds managers who will vote any or all directors on of off a board if the company does provide the dividend they demand
The rest of it is just a circus performance to pretend that some sort of democracy is in practice.
By LAW a board & the executive are bound to act in the best interest of the SHARE HOLDERS not you the customer and if they do not do this then vultures in $20,000 suits will launch a legal claim against them .

Laws were written to protect the assets of the rich , not for the benefit of the poor .
In the USA from Regan on every administration has watered down consumer protections to the benefit of the megga wealthy .
Classic example is the ban on IC engines that will do nothing but take money out of your pocket & put it into the Waltons / Lowes off shore tax havens

As for energy, we knew back in the 70's when I was in college that this was going to happen but the megga rich did not want to spend any money and had not made enough money on the capital they had invested so they turned climate pollution into a left vs right political arguement and now we are reaping the rewards of allowing them to do that . Originally the right were advocating for the change because they could see the massive costs that would be incurred and that those costs would drastically multiply the longer we delayed actions

There is no arguement that coal fired power stations have to be wound down
They should have all been closed down by now & converted into hydrogen powered generators with the hydrogen produced by electrolysis of water via solar cells if you wanted to keep the existing distribution ( ie selling ) grid .
AT the UNSW there was one of these units on the roof of almost every building and they produced enough power to run the lighting in all of them with power to spare and this was back in the late 60's early 70's when the solar technology was in it's infancy .

But this research was canned because it would render the government run ( back then ) power stations unprofitable

While we can switch to "renewable" energy supplies to do it you have to drastically reduce power consumption during the renewable dead zone ≈ 8pm to 5am and the first step to doing that is to scrap every thing with a glowing element
Can you see the energy police kicking in doors and marching off with all your radient heaters , stove tops & hot water tanks ?

And the lie turned into a truth about solar electricity being cheaper is true but only if you use no electricity whatsoever after peak solar which is around 2 hours after sunrise & before sunset .
Now because you can not switch a coal fired power station on & off at will, like a gas fired open turbine the power generated after dark has the running cost of the plant at idle for the daylight hours added on top of the direct generation costs for the power used overnight so that makes it near 3 to 4 times the price per KW that it would have been per KW if it was running full power all day , so adding all of the renewables has actually pushed the total power prices up.