Mower leaves a 2" uncut strip

ken Showers

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deer LT115 with a 42" deck and twin mulching blades. My mower is great except for one thing. I have to cut it twice because it leaves a 2" strip down the middle between the two blades. I had the blades sharpened and they are timed correctly. If there an adjustment I can make?

Any Ideas?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a John Deer LT115 with a 42" deck and twin mulching blades. My mower is great except for one thing. I have to cut it twice because it leaves a 2" strip down the middle between the two blades. I had the blades sharpened and they are timed correctly. If there an adjustment I can make?

Any Ideas?
Check deck belt tension
Mow with the engine rpm at full throttle
Make certain a blade ( blades ) aren't on upside down
Deck underside is completely clean
Travel speed correct

miltstrk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Make sure the blades are the correct size?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Any Ideas?
If it is a timed deck it will have a toothed belt line a timing belt in a car and in that case the blades will be 24" long
If it is a standard deck then the blades will be 21 1/4" long

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is no LT115 per JD. It is either a 115 or LA115. Neither has a timed deck. And the after market mulching blades are 21-3/8 long measured diagonally. Blades can't be timed as the deck uses a v-belt and not a timing belt