MOWER KEEPS BLOWNIG PTO FUSE.

gsim

Threads
GRASSHOPPER 930 D blows 10 Amp PTO fuse. Has done so twice today, and once last time I used if. Anyone out there ever seen this?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are going to have to do some electrical troubleshooting, which in this case may not be easy. Plus I don’t know if you have a multimeter to check for continuity or shorts to ground. Your problem maybe any one or more possible causes. PTO switch bad, clutch bad, bad connection in the line, loose connection or chafted wire. Start by going through the wiring harness, looking for any bare or chafted wires, loose, dirty or corrode connections. If everything looks and tests good, I would unplug the connector at the plug, start the unit, turn on the PTO switch and drive around your property, over the roughest area you have, for about 15 minutes. Shut off the switch and unit, then check the fuse. If it is blown, you will know that the problem is in the harness or PTO switch. If it is not blown, reconnect the clutch and drive around for another 15 minutes. The fuse is blowing because something somewhere is shorting to ground. Finding this is going to try your nerves and use all your patience. Hopefully you will find cause quickly, but don’t be surprised if it takes more time and patience than you want to give it. I’ve had electrical problems like this where if I had to bill out my time it would have cost the customer $1000. Good Luck and if you need more help post back.