Mower, just doesn't cut right

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bought a near new Snapper Commercial Hi-Vac 21" pusher for $80 bucks. Lady said it didn't cut very well. She was moving to a place where they cut the grass, wanted mower gone.

Took it home. Went through the jacked up carb linkages. Lifted the deck up. I looked, looked again, looked again. Something was off. Something didn't look right. The stinking blade was on upside down.

What stories do you guys have to share?

slomo

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
See that all the time. See them where the don't line up the star pattern on the blade to the shaft star. Even get then in with HOP Blades on MTD mowers. Some people just don't need wrenches.

Mower King

Threads
See that all the time. See them where the don't line up the star pattern on the blade to the shaft star. Even get then in with HOP Blades on MTD mowers. Some people just don't need wrenches.
I think most people don't need wrenches......most should just stick with what they know, which is.....nevermind!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not my story, but one I saw on You-tube, long ago.. Pretty young gal, skimpy shorts & blouse opened enough, she was giving advice on fixing up a push-mow. Actually I was watching her more, but she went & sharpened the blade BUT put the blade on up-side down as well. Then tried to mow a small area. But she was cool headed, after it would not mow well, she took a look & said what happened & quickly stated: let that be a lesson to ya, Pay attention to your work..

This thread just reminded me of that.. LOL

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
You had to go back and watch it again didn't ya??? Lol

Lawn Addict
Threads
How did ya know ? Wish I could find that one again.. LOL

Charlie8d

Threads
She sounds like the woman in many youtube videos who metal detects.

" Digging Britt ."

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nope, was a different bimbo.