Mower Blades Sharpen or Buy new?

sgzeroone

Member
I wanted to set the record straight with my friend. So I came here to get some other opinions. Are you still able to sharpen newer lawn mower blades or have it became a throw away and buy new market like so many others?
 
I wanted to set the record straight with my friend. So I came here to get some other opinions. Are you still able to sharpen newer lawn mower blades or have it became a throw away and buy new market like so many others?

Sharpen them and balance them.

Blades cost to much to just throw them away.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))
 
I wanted to set the record straight with my friend. So I came here to get some other opinions. Are you still able to sharpen newer lawn mower blades or have it became a throw away and buy new market like so many others?

Generally speaking a mower blade can be sharpened three maybe four times before discarding. As long as the blade does not have big nicks taken out of it and the lifts are not worn off you can sharpen them.
 
Alright well thanks for responding and giving me your input.

On a side note I just noticed that the blades on my own lawnmower are all messed up and probably beyond sharpening. So Is there a good place where I can get some new blades cheap? Oh I have a torro Lx lawn tractor.

Thanks in Advance :smile:
 
Any yard / garden center, good harware store, Tractor Supply kind of place.

Blades aren't cheap, but you can't exactly call them expensive either, given what we expect them to do all summer long. I'd forget about pinching pennies with a blade - go for the highest quality, beefiest blade you can stand. A single blade will still be under 20 bucks.
 
Back
Top