Export thread

Mower Blade On Correctly?

T

tsfrance

Hello. I have bought a older Craftsman 21 inch mower to kick around with and just use to cut weeds. Im in the Nevada desert and this is the third mower I own. A Cub Cadet, a Husqvarna for my lawn and now this older one for junk weeds. It does not seem to run at very high power but it does run well. It is a 3.5 HP. Anyway, I bought a new blade for it and Im not sure if i have it on correctly or not. It's surely is not a clean cut. The blade did not have a stamp on it that said, grass side down. Anyway here is a link to a photo so I would appreciate it if someone can take a look at it and let me know if it's on correctly. Thank you.

Aslo, the blade is very dull for being new but I guess that seems to be normal and OK from all I have read. Thanks again.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/BJzjObSKOMmJXL1fvW5whxlHDUWSQyUOCBDQn8XAn2z

B

bertsmobile1

blades have a flute or sail on the end .
It is designed to force air up towards the top of the mower so they go up.
Name tag is usually on the top so it usually goes towards the mower.

T

tsfrance

blades have a flute or sail on the end .
It is designed to force air up towards the top of the mower so they go up.
Name tag is usually on the top so it usually goes towards the mower.

I was watching a youtube video and he was talking about what you call the flute or sail but I think he called it a wing. I don't see it on this blade. I have the name tag pointing towards the ground so that would be incorrect? Thanks.

D

Darryl G

Yeah, that's definitely upside down. The ground part of the edge should be facing up. It does have a "sail" but not a very pronounced one.

C

cashman

The cutting edge of the blade goes toward the discharge of the mower deck.

T

tsfrance

Thanks everyone. I will flip it around later today.