Mower blade alignment. RSD 60

Hustlahh

Forum Newbie
Threads
New RSD 60" owner here. Just picked it up last night actually.

I dont see it mentioned anywhere in the manuals but are the mower blades supposed to be in any type of alignment? On my old tractor the 3 blades needed to be in a certain alignment in the deck. I guess for cutting efficiency, balancing, air flow?? No clue really, I just followed the manual.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
New RSD 60" owner here. Just picked it up last night actually.

I dont see it mentioned anywhere in the manuals but are the mower blades supposed to be in any type of alignment? On my old tractor the 3 blades needed to be in a certain alignment in the deck. I guess for cutting efficiency, balancing, air flow?? No clue really, I just followed the manual.

You can't align them...remember they are free spinning on their spindles. You could have them all pointing a certain way when you put them on but they won't stay there.
That is why there is a tiny space between blade tips.

JMHO

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Blades powered by a timing ( toothed belt) need to be aligned properly because the cutting circles overlap and the blade would hit each other.
The Pro riders are like this.
Blades with plain V belts do not nee aligning as their cutting circles do not overlap as they are staggered.