mower belts

baranyai

Forum Newbie
Threads
Everywhere I go to find a belt, they always say they need a part no. because its an odd size belt. They are both John Deere and Cub Cudet dealers and they dont feel like trying to help :( How do I know that if i order online, that i will get the right one?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Everywhere I go to find a belt, they always say they need a part no. because its an odd size belt. They are both John Deere and Cub Cudet dealers and they dont feel like trying to help :( How do I know that if i order online, that i will get the right one?

Go to the dealer with all your tractor numbers which should be on a tag on your tractor. With these numbers they should be able to get the right part number and belt. Do not try to order your belt online because you will end up with nothing but problims. All parts are sold with a part numbers so if you are going to do any work on your tractor yourself learn to use part numbers. I have tryed to buy after market belts and I just never have any luck with them. Also have you looked at your old belt because the number may be on it?

stang8689

Threads
just go to partstree.com put your model number in and click on deck then the diagram will come up with the belt and all deck parts

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

If they are JD and Cub Cadet mowers your dealer should be able to look up part numbers without any problems. If your dealer is to lazy to do that I'd find another dealer. Personally if I were you I would get online and order the manuals for the mowers so you would have all the part numbers and the information you'd need.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I take a sharpie and write the belt numbers for each piece of equipment I work on on the inside of the hood. This way when it comes back the I don't have to look them up again. My customers who do some of their own repairs like the idea and often just call with their numbers to order parts.