Export thread

Mow, move snow, or both?

JDgreen

JDgreen

How many of the JD owners here use their green machine for only mowing, for just snow removal, or for both? Mine does both.

D

Driller

How wonderful to have a machine that will handle both applications for you. Where I live, I don't need a snow mover or blower. It's pretty green year round.

J

JasonB

My John Deere 2305 will be doing both grass cutting and snow removal! Have not cut grass with it yet, as I only got the mower in Dec.

BGC

BGC

Mine will do both but I can only use it for the driveway since the walk way is surrounded by Stones and things that my wife wanted to decorate the yard with.

K

Kryten

Mine does both but again it doesn't really do much snow removal. I just don't have a whole lot that I need to move, not a lot when it comes to sidewalks, and we don't (normally) get a lot of snow here. Of course right now it's awful though.

M

Mile High Mower

I use my X300 for both. I live at 6500 ft in Colorado and have been busy lately. In fact there is probably 8-10 inches waiting to be plowed from the storm last night.

BKBrown

BKBrown

The VENTRAC will do both and much more !

FebSnow2.jpgVentrac 1.jpg :thumbsup:

L

LandN

i have a jd tractor and a jd push mower for the yards and a jd string trimmer to make the final trimming and a jd 2 stage 30" snowblower for the white stuff, and i am currently looking to buy the new model jd mower we85 in the spring.

JDgreen

JDgreen

i have a jd tractor and a jd push mower for the yards and a jd string trimmer to make the final trimming and a jd 2 stage 30" snowblower for the white stuff, and i am currently looking to buy the new model jd mower we85 in the spring.

Man, you sure you don't have green blood? :biggrin: I have never known anybody to have that much brand loyalty...good for you !!!

J

jenkinsph

Man, you sure you don't have green blood? :biggrin: I have never known anybody to have that much brand loyalty...good for you !!!

I have either been loyal or stupid myself, not alot of brands to choose from at my place. NOT so loyal that I would buy one of their string trimmers though.:rolleyes:
I have a JS45 push mower, L130 mower, X749 mower, 820 canopy tractor, 4520 cab tractor and a 110tlb with cab. Bunch of Deere and Frontier attachments too.

Will add a front quick hitch, 60"broom, 54" hydraulic blade, 647 tiller and 48" custom landplane this year to the X749. So far this little mower has been a great help for me in the tight quarters I have to work.

K

KennyV

Will add a front quick hitch, 60"broom, 54" hydraulic blade, 647 tiller and 48" custom landplane this year to the X749. So far this little mower has been a great help for me in the tight quarters I have to work.

Are those small brooms any good in light snow?
If so how much will they work will with? KennyV

J

jenkinsph

Are those small brooms any good in light snow?
If so how much will they work will with? KennyV

Tried one out at the dealer last fall and was impressed with it, supposed to work with a couple of inches of the white stuff. My plan is to blade first and clean up with the broom. On rare occasions I might need a blower, not enough to justify the costs in my locale. The broom can be used year round and sometimes the blade might be handy for my work.

grnspot110

grnspot110

Depends on the job, which tractor (or mower) I use! Don't have the 140 w/loader anymore, have a JD 790 w/loader instead;

Attachments

J

jenkinsph

grnspot, I like your dog, isn't named Spot by any chance?:biggrin:

D

danvan54

How many of the JD owners here use their green machine for only mowing, for just snow removal, or for both? Mine does both.
Long ago and far away..... I sold Deere Lawn equipment and am a loyal, green-blooded fan!
I currently have a 240 GT that mows when it's green and plows when it's white, tractor does a great
job of both.
Also am restoring a 316 so that my son can get the 240 soon.

G

greengrass

I have caught a few neighbors doing both but from speaking with them they must have gotten their machines with bad prices or were ripped off. When I started researching one neighbor had spent almost 3x the normal retail price. :frown:

J

jenkinsph

I am starting to get anxious to mow a green lawn.:biggrin:
Anybody else?

C

caliber1

I am starting to get anxious to mow a green lawn.:biggrin:
Anybody else?

Come on down, it's supposed to rain all day today, so it won't be long. The weeds already neet cut. Just painted the 1072R Sunday, gonna haul it home tonight and hook it up for ya. :biggrin:

J

jenkinsph

Come on down, it's supposed to rain all day today, so it won't be long. The weeds already neet cut. Just painted the 1072R Sunday, gonna haul it home tonight and hook it up for ya. :biggrin:

Hmmmm, how's the fishing this time of year? I am ready for that too.:biggrin: Grew up in New Orleans, used to fish the Gulf alot. Gotta make it worth my while.:laughing: