Moving a ZTR?

ohredwood

Forum Newbie
Hi all, would like to get some ideas on moving a ZTR. I currently have a cub cadet M50 ZTR, not real big, but big enough. Been using it at my residence for 5 years now, 3acres. However, house is up for sale with a divorce, and will be needing to move, short term to an apartment.

My question is, I don't have a big truck, it's a toyota tacoma, and I don't have a special trailor for this thing. How do people move these things in this situation. I am trying to picture how I could get it on a moving truck??? I could probably borrow a trailor to put it on from somebody for right now, just moving it 10-15 miles, however, I'm not sure in 6-12 months if I will remain in this city or state. At that point I will need something to move it a long distance.

I hate to sell it or get rid of it, so I'm looking for some ideas if I can move it some how. I have looked on the internet, and all I see is moving a ztr that won't run, well that's not my case and it's not related to this problem. I know I'm not the only one who's ever moved that owns a ztr. Seems like the biggest obstacle on these things is the deck, or the deck going up a ramp. I'm trying to remember if these things can run without the deck, seems the hydro unit pully is run by a pulley that attaches to the deck, hence wouldn't move forward without deck????

Appreciate any helpful info, Thanks...
Russ
 
Do you know any friends in the lawn care business that can move it for you in exchange for a case of beer or a few dollars? Best trailer would be an open or enclosed with a full ramp/gate....you could always rent a home depot truck for an hour but they are 6x8 ft flatbeds,3/4ton wtih 2200lb payloads,no problem there,so youd need a loading dock setup at both locations....or a long strong ramp or a combination of the 2.
 
Unfortunately, I don't know any lawn care buisness folks, or have any friends in that line of work. I do live in the country, at the moment, and there are some neighbors, that I could look at keeping it at their place, and just tell em, hey once in a while, use the thing to keep it going. Of course that will probably turn into they will use it every mowing session, haha.
But more than likely, I will be leaving the city and or state in 6-12 months, and that's when I'm gonna have an issue, of how to get it somewhere, on a one way basis. Be hard to borrow a friends trailor and try to drive it back, if I'm gonna be moving out of state. Is my only option at that point to buy some trailor for such a use??

Can something be rented like one of those uhaul enclosed trailors or do they have open trailors maybe, of course anywhere I stay overnight, would have to sleep with one eye open overnight.

I did buy these a year ago, http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=4rxoT63OOMuCsAKivcSTCQ&ved=0CH4Q8wIwAg#

but my truck is too small to put that mower in the back of anyway.
 
Back
Top