Export thread

Motor swap

T

twall06

I have a husqvarna someone has offered me for free of course the motor is blown. It is a YTH21K46 engine model PS-SV610-0212 from what i can find i think the shaft is 1"x 3 5/32. I have another motor but it is from a craftsman gt5000 with a kohler 25hp with a shaft size of 1 1/8 x 4 3/8 is there anyway to get this motor to work on the husqvarna or is it just not possible. Thanks for any input I have very little knowledge beside changing oil and blades.

I

ILENGINE

Not without using a different engine drive pulley, and electric clutch if it has one. Also I suspect the 25 is a twin cylinder, so also different exhaust also. May be able to use the clutch and pulley off of the craftsman. As well as the exhaust.

T

twall06

Not without using a different engine drive pulley, and electric clutch if it has one. Also I suspect the 25 is a twin cylinder, so also different exhaust also. May be able to use the clutch and pulley off of the craftsman. As well as the exhaust.

It is a twin cylinder. I will have to check the husqavarna to see about the clutch I have all the parts to the craftsman I know it has an electric clutch thanks.