Export thread

MM55

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

These little cultivators, you're supposed to be able to turn the tines, while the engine is off, correct? The one I just got in, they're stuck solid.

Any fix for this? or do you just have to replace them?

D

deminin

These little cultivators, you're supposed to be able to turn the tines, while the engine is off, correct? The one I just got in, they're stuck solid. Any fix for this? or do you just have to replace them?

Nope, the tines Don't turn except under engine power. I just went out to my workshop a few minutes ago, to check on my tiller, after I saw your note. Mine are locked up solid when the engine is off, but once I start the engine, the tines turn nicely under engine power. If they turn when the engine is "idling" the idle is set a bit too fast. I haven't used my MM55 since April when I last tilled my garden, but it started right up, and the tines turn when I give it some "Throttle".

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Nope, the tines Don't turn except under engine power. I just went out to my workshop a few minutes ago, to check on my tiller, after I saw your note. Mine are locked up solid when the engine is off, but once I start the engine, the tines turn nicely under engine power. If they turn when the engine is "idling" the idle is set a bit too fast. I haven't used my MM55 since April when I last tilled my garden, but it started right up, and the tines turn when I give it some "Throttle".

Thanks man.