Missing Posts (An Explanation)

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Hi Everybody,

We recently discovered about 40 posts that were in a moderation queue that shouldn't have been moderated. This was because we are using an automatic spam elimination system that was set a little aggressively in terms of preventing spam. So aggressive in fact that some normal posts got moderated. :ashamed:

So, I've approved all of the posts and eased off the settings a bit. Hopefully this doesn't translate into more spam. If it does, we'll re-tweak again.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Great ... everything has been wonderful lately... :smile:KennyV

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
Sounds like my laptop security. I keep it set high and it often requires me to approve a download or link. Having been hit hard twice with viruses, I don't mind the minor inconvenience. Another (welding) site I frequent is often hit on the weekends by spammers. Anytime I see 8-10 old topics resurected with the same tag on the new post, I know some spambot has visited.

fastback

Threads
Yes, it has been nice here lately. I also noticed that we are getting a lot more of the wanted activity.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Yes, it has been nice here lately. I also noticed that we are getting a lot more of the wanted activity.
I've noticed that also.

I predict a very busy Spring and Summer! :thumbsup:

jenkinsph

Threads
Increased participation would be nice. I don't spend much time here admittedly because of the low amount of feedback. TBN is more responsive and I spend a great deal more time because of it.