makeing a mower faster

tndirt

Forum Newbie
Threads
will a hydrostat rearend handle the higher rpms of a pulley swap

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Depend on how much of an increase you are planning....

and on what trans-axle.
You can only move oil so fast and then pressures build and oil wants to foam or pumps start to cavitate ...:smile:KennyV

tndirt

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have got one yet just wondering if it would work maybe a three inch pulley on the axle and a seven on the motor Also what if i put a fan on it to help keep it cool any suggestion on a good hydro axle

tndirt

Forum Newbie
Threads
im building a toy to play wth i got a montgomery ward frame and a twin cyl briggs engine try to figure what to do for a rearend

Threads
im building a toy to play wth i got a montgomery ward frame and a twin cyl briggs engine try to figure what to do for a rearend

Well you might consider one of those old style ayp GT geared trannys.. Hows that zero you got holding up??

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
Forget the hydro - they already come with a 3" pulley on the trans and a fan - youre better off with a manual ( with original oil/grease cleaned out).

Even for just messing around, you still need some saftey built in - like brakes, reinforcing, locked front axle, no slop in steering, lower seating..... unless a trip to the ER is on the list as well.

Ive built 3 mod tractors- only one close enough to do any serious speed was my last one( took that apart for its next phase) - the second went ' suicide fast' , was nearly stock and stock brakes didnt do anything to even slow it down- stock height and unlocked front axle makes them nearly uncontrollable - first one i was lucky enough to break the trans just starting out, not at 30 plus mph....