Export thread

Lubing pedal pivot points

B

Big E

I have a 2011 Cub Cadet LTX1050. According to the manual, at 10 hrs. I should lube the pedal pivot points. The manual has no instructions as to do so. Any suggestions? Thanks.

reynoldston

reynoldston

If it has grease fitting a pump or two with a grease gun with all purpose grease. If no fitting oil the pivot points with oil can or aerosol spray lubrication.

Briana

Briana

Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the General Mower Discussion Forum. :smile:

K

KennyV

Welcome to LMF...

If it is a simple bushing pivot a little ATF, (automatic transmission fluid) is great.... Get yourself a refillable 'squirt' oil can... and a quart of ATF, It will last forever.. :smile:KennyV

reddragon

reddragon

i use this little squeeze bottle ..and fill it with my ROTELLA T6 when it needs it:thumbsup:

Attachments

B

benski

I use a wee dab of synthetic 90w gear lube in a squirt can, and then wipe as much excess off as I can to help keep things from collecting dirt.:smile:

Jetblast

Jetblast

What I do is lay down on my comfy work cushion (a foam dog bed that got replaced by a newer model) next to the mower, then I reach up and push the pedals with my hands to spot the pivot points. Anything that moves gets hit with my spray can of white lithium grease or Tri-Flow chain spray. Shoot it right into the butt-crack of the pivot point. Doesn't matter too much what you use, as long as it's thicker than WD-40. WD-40 has it's uses, but it doesn't lubricate or protect well enough for this.

I actually don't know what WD-40 is good for. I've had a can sitting around for about ten years and it's still full. Anyone?

B

benski

Water Displacement, formula trial number 40.:wink:It'll help dry out a damp disributor cap, on vehicles that are old enough to still have such a thing...:biggrin:

Jetblast

Jetblast

It'll help dry out a damp disributor cap, on vehicles that are old enough to still have such a thing...:biggrin:

Good one. :thumbsup:

reddragon

reddragon

THAT BRINGS ME TO ANOTHER QUESTION......WHATS THE BEST PENETRATING OIL??

Jetblast

Jetblast

In my experience, PB Blaster with an honorary shout out to Break-Free.

G

gimmodog

the best penetrating oil is definitely Aero Kroil. It is very expensive and stinks bad but it works great. Is also a little hard to find, most refrigeration supply stores carry it or you can order it online
Stan

JDgreen

JDgreen

the best penetrating oil is definitely Aero Kroil. It is very expensive and stinks bad but it works great. Is also a little hard to find, most refrigeration supply stores carry it or you can order it online
Stan

Never heard of it, I have a can of penetrating oil that is close to 15 years old now, I have always thought anything would basically work. A lot of people don't bother to tap things after squirting the oil on, the vibration helps work the stuff in.

G

gimmodog

You get a can of Aero kroil and try that and you'll never use anything else, believe me it puts all the others to shame.
Stan

reddragon

reddragon

yep....propane torch and a bowl of ice coubes or super cold water.....a little tapping goes a long way:thumbsup:

B

Black Bart

BLASTER

To lub pivot points I like aerosol can of motorcycle chain oil it comes out thin designed to run into a chain but a short time later it turns into a grease and stays in their.

reddragon

reddragon

that motorcycle lube is great!...i use it when my little squirt bottle cant get in there:thumbsup:....i dig blaster!....glad to here you guys like it too!............ill have to try that aero stuff

G

gimmodog

This is what the Aero Kroil can looks like. 2 different sized cans.

Attachments

reddragon

reddragon

ive seen that before in the parts place!...ill try it out:thumbsup:

B

benski

+2 on Aero Kroil.:biggrin: It smells like sin, but works very well. I have also had good luck with PB Blaster. Some heat, some smacking, and some patience will usually get stuff to let loose. Otherwise, an impact gun, a nut splitter, a cutting torch, or a grinder are my tools of the trade.:ashamed::wink::smile:

Jetblast

Jetblast

I forgot about Aero Kroil. Haven't seen it in years. Smells like someone just barfed up Pine-S0l. I may get another can just for that.

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

PB Blaster