Export thread

LTX-1046VT

E

ebby69k

Hi All .....I have a Cub Cadet LTX-1046VT. I have a slow drip on the transmission where the TRANS disengage rod goes in. There appears to be a seal there. The brake disc kinda blocks it so it looks like I will have to remove a few parts. Has any one done this before. Any tips on how to get the seal out? Also I looked parts diagram and it did show the seal. Thanks

StarTech

StarTech

You would need a hook type puller to remove the seal.
1653077012204.png

E

ebby69k

You would need a hook type puller to remove the seal.
View attachment 60587
Thank you. I have posted this in many places and you are the first to reply. Do you know a good alternate for the trans fluid? I have a tractor supply near me.

StarTech

StarTech

The Hydro Gear 311-0510 use SAE20w50 conventional engine oil but Mobile One 15W50 synthetic can be subbed. Synthetic has a better temperature range. Either is available at most auto parts suppliers and Walmart.

E

ebby69k

The Hydro Gear 311-0510 use SAE20w50 conventional engine oil but Mobile One 15W50 synthetic can be subbed. Synthetic has a better temperature range. Either is available at most auto parts suppliers and Walmart.
I assume it’s safe to mix with the current fluid in it. Thanks again

StarTech

StarTech

Provide that current oil is clean and not contaminated then I would go with the 20W50 which what was use during the mower setup as they are too cheap to use Synthetic; unlike, Tuff Torq.

I have however seen semi sythetic blends out there so it should be safe to add synthetic oil while conventional oil is present.

E

ebby69k

Well I got the seal out and the new one in. Thanks for your help with the part number. So far no drip on the cardboard. Woo Hoo.