lt155 won't turn over

basstracker

Threads
need a little help. motor won't do anything when turning the switch. I can cross out the solenoid and it will start up. I can't find the fuses but if the fuse was blown would the motor run? all connections seem to be good.

deerescott

Threads
I don't think they have any regular fuses on this model. There is a fusible link in it somewhere though.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mower ignition is self generating,
The fuse will be on the red wire going to the ignition switch.
The energising wire to the starter solenoid goes from the hot wire to the ignition switch ( via a fuse usually ) then to the PTO switch, then to the gear selector / speed controller then on to the brake / clutch then finally to the starter solenoid.
Just to make tracing it hard, it usually changes colour every time it exits a switch so you really need to get a wiring diagram.
YThe ignition wires are all earth wires , be very careful not to accidentally apply battery voltage to any of these wires as it will fry the igntion module.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mower ignition is self generating,
The fuse will be on the red wire going to the ignition switch.
The energising wire to the starter solenoid goes from the hot wire to the ignition switch ( via a fuse usually ) then to the PTO switch, then to the gear selector / speed controller then on to the brake / clutch then finally to the starter solenoid.
Just to make tracing it hard, it usually changes colour every time it exits a switch so you really need to get a wiring diagram.
YThe ignition wires are all earth wires , be very careful not to accidentally apply battery voltage to any of these wires as it will fry the igntion module.

This is very true and well said, so a fuse would have nothing to do with the running of the mower. I agree start with a wiring diagram. You will want to work on the starting circuit.