LT155 won't move

dkgroce

Threads
I bought a used (2002) LT155 Twin automatic transmission. I was mowing and wanted to mow in reverse, hld he button in but held the brake in for a few seconds. Once I realized it and let off the brake it wouldn't go forward or backwards on its own. The pedals are a little stiff but seem to go all the way down. The drive belt is intact. Any ideas?

cruzenmike

Threads
Did you check your hydrostatic bypass lever? What you are explaining could only be that or possibly something with the linkage between the drive pedals and the transmission. With it off you could lay underneath and use your hand to move the drive pedals to see if the linkages are still connected to the transmissions and that they are actually moving the lever on the hydrostatic. If all connections are good and the bypass is not engages, then check that the brake is releasing. If I remember correctly, the brake on this might also take some tension off of the drive belt when depressed. If the drive belt is under full tension, then you may have damaged something inside of the transmission. The LT155 should have a Tuff Torq K51B, which are sealed units but can be repaired if you are daring. Otherwise they can be found used for a couple hundred bucks online. Good Luck!

dkgroce

Threads
I just got back in town. Bypass is not engaged. the pedals seem stiff but the move the lever just fine. I will check the brake tomorrow. thanks for your insight and recommendations. Actually had time to check brakes. I don't know how muchthemechanism underneath should move but it only moved about an inch. The drive belt is very loose.

Last edited:

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
someone has something like that the other day on another mower and it was a brake pad that locked up.

dkgroce

Threads
It ended up being the brake mechanism underneath was out of whack. Loosened it all up like I was changing the drive belt and viola. It was fixed. Zero idea what I actually did, but you guys made me look at it differently. Thanks.