LT155 transmission belt jumping

Peclesswonder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all, asking as I can’t seem to find a solid answer anywhere.
I inherited a LT155 with the 42” freedom mulching deck that sat for a couple years outside.
After replacing the timing belt, oil change, other necessary things to get the engine running again things were going fine. I noticed that the transmission belt was also shot while I was under doing the timing belt, so replaced that too.
Am almost certain I got everything put back together properly, it drives well and nice and snappy. But, when I engage the blades, the transmission belt jumps off the rear diff by the fan. I can’t figure out what is causing this to happen so would appreciate any direction I might be able to check in. Thank you!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you using JD OEM Parts? check belt routing & 2 idler pulleys for drive belt right side underneath. Remove deck for access, scotch front wheels, jack up rear of tractor & give it a try, report back with findings.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Apart from Illengines post above have a close look at the deck engagement rod
From memory that model has a solid rod from the rear which can foul on the transmission belt if either is out of place

Peclesswonder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you all for your replies, I’ll try to get out to take a look at the recommendations after work today.