LT155 Deck Vibration/Noise

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the Gators were put on properly and done up tightly then your spindle bearings are suspect.
Gators are noisier than std blades but there should be no difference in vibrations.

cruzenmike

Threads
If the Gators were put on properly and done up tightly then your spindle bearings are suspect.
Gators are noisier than std blades but there should be no difference in vibrations.
Deck spindles are new. Also new deck belt. I am quite positive the blades are installed correctly as well. I am thinking that it could be a belt tension issue? I have not attempted to tighten anything. There is a spring and something in the rod that connects the PTO lever to the deck. I think that there is also a spring somewhere inside the idler arm where it mates to the deck. I believe the spindle brakes properly adjusted without any drag as well.

I will have to get under there this week and double check that everything is tight and adjusted properly.

raisin1

Threads
You could try taking off one blade at a time and then run it.

cruzenmike

Threads
I took the idler arm off of the deck which has a bushing that appears to have a small groove in it. Because of this groove, there may be some wobbling of the idler arm. I am going to replace that bushing and see what it does. But here is my question: since the deck does not have the typical spring on the idler providing constant tension to the belt, where does this deck get it's belt tension from? I know that engaging the pto provides the initial tension bay simply shortening the distance between the drive pulley and the idler pulley, but once engaged, something has to keep tension and allow for intermittent slack in the belt during heavy loads and through deck movement. It can only be the spindle brakes or the spring in the PTO linkage. I have included pictures of both. Which one, if "failing" would result in a loss of, or weaker tension on the deck belt?

Thank you.

Screenshot_20201009-080959~2.png
Screenshot_20201009-080902~2.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IF you can, make up some spacers to replace the blades then try the deck
GAtors do put a higher load on the deck system so I see where you are coming from with the belt tension idea but it would be good to rule out silly things like a bad belt first before you rip all of your remaining hair out.
One of the few new belt problems than turned me into a chrome dome was a tranny belt with a bulge in it

cruzenmike

Threads
IF you can, make up some spacers to replace the blades then try the deck
GAtors do put a higher load on the deck system so I see where you are coming from with the belt tension idea but it would be good to rule out silly things like a bad belt first before you rip all of your remaining hair out.
One of the few new belt problems than turned me into a chrome dome was a tranny belt with a bulge in it
I replaced the belt two months ago, but that doesn't mean that it is still good. I will thoroughly inspect it once I have the bushing back in and all the other deck hardware back in. I am hopeful that the new bushing will resolve the wobble in the idler and improve the vibration.