LT1045 Cub will not move

Golfrinu

Forum Newbie
Threads
My son was cutting the grass and the mower just stopped moving. Pressing the gas does not move the mower forward or rearward. Belt appears to be good and attached. There is a red wire just in front of the right rear tire that is disconnected. I cannot see anyplace for this wire to connect. No broken springs or linkages either. Any suggestions?

Golfrinu

Forum Newbie
Threads
No one has any ideas? I’m at a loss right now.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is the model from the serial number tag under the seat? Some these had CVT transaxles and some had hydrostatic transaxles. But I suspect it might be a simple a drive belt that jumped of one of the idler pulleys. Things like a stick or overly loose belt can cause this.

On the red wire I suspect it has a black tracer line on it as it goes to the reverse inhibit switch that prevent the deck operation; unless, overridden at the keyswitch.

Golfrinu

Forum Newbie
Threads
Really sorry. I found it was the drive belt, which I thought “Belts go bad, this should be an easy fix.” Boy was I wrong. Had to remove electronic clutch, need an impact wrench for that job. I’m a weekend warrior at best, I don’t own an impact wrench. Luckily I have a friend who owns one. I borrow his and get the clutch off only to find that there are metal tabs on the frame that close the gap around the engine pulley down to a quarter of the belts actual width. Options are pull the engine pulley down, good luck if your machine is as old as mine, that thing wasn’t budging. Option 2 unscrew the engine and lift it, no thanks, besides I couldn’t get to the rear two bolts (remember weekend warrior here). Option 3 bend the tabs back to get the belt off and on. Seems like a bad idea but also seems like the least bad of a nimbler of bad ideas.

So I bend and I bend and I bend those tabs back. Oh man did I need to bend them. After much frustration finally the old belt is off the new belt is on. I re-attach the electronic clutch, put the steering rods back on, put the deck and deck belt back on and fire it up.

It runs!!!

This was quite possibly the worst repair I’ve ever done on any piece of home equipment. Terrible design and not made to be easy for the weekend diy’er.