Export thread

Low cost replacement 6.75 hp engine

P

Pumper54

Not being lazy but I don't have the time to search all over the internet to find one so does anyone have a source for low cost replacement B&S engines in the 6.75 hp range? Thank you in advance.
Tom

P

Pumper54

Boo, you da man. Thank you.
Broke both the engine on my brush mower and the one I got from a friend for free that had suffered a "sudden stoppage" to to a golf ball (he lives off a golf course) that jammed the blade. They both now make way to much noise to consider rebuilding.
Tom

Boobala

Boobala

Boo, you da man. Thank you.
Broke both the engine on my brush mower and the one I got from a friend for free that had suffered a "sudden stoppage" to to a golf ball (he lives off a golf course) that jammed the blade. They both now make way to much noise to consider rebuilding.
Tom

Glad 2 help ya Pumper, jus give a holler anytime, don't forget the oil, most newbies are shipped dry... :thumbsup:

P

Pumper54

Glad 2 help ya Pumper, jus give a holler anytime, don't forget the oil, most newbies are shipped dry... :thumbsup:

LOL yuppers I remember they come dry. I got a FREE Honda mower cause the owner said it no longer ran. Gas and little oil to bring it up over the Low Oil Sensor and she cranked right up.
Tom

B

bertsmobile1

With some luck you neighbour might be able to find a Canadian mower with swing back blades.
Most of our domestic mowers run swing backs so you don't trash your engine when you hit something like a golf ball.
The USA government banned swing backs in the 70's to prevent the Australian Victa & Rovers being sold in the USA.
However Canada bought a lot more mowers than they could have ever sold locally so the assumption is they went into the USA.

P

Pumper54

With some luck you neighbour might be able to find a Canadian mower with swing back blades.
Most of our domestic mowers run swing backs so you don't trash your engine when you hit something like a golf ball.
The USA government banned swing backs in the 70's to prevent the Australian Victa & Rovers being sold in the USA.
However Canada bought a lot more mowers than they could have ever sold locally so the assumption is they went into the USA.

Swing back blades would help a lot for the type of mowing I use these mowers for. The guy that gave me the second mower (golf ball one) uses a string trimmer to cut his yard it is that small. I wonder if a regular mower blade could be cut and drilled to mount the remaining pieces as swing back blades or if it should be build from raw stock?
Well looky here, a little internet search and I found this: https://www.meg-mo.com/

Tom

R

Romore

I sure would not modify a blade, if it ever came apart the operator could be in for a world of hurt. Can you give us the model and type number of the old engine? Briggs has good prices on common replacements.