Looking for help

Curtisun

Threads
I think I got it. Hopefully these attach. Wanted to post a video also of what the engine is doing, but it was WAY to big.
In the pictures I see rusty coil and flywheel. The first thing I would do is take some sand paper and clean the coil metal surface where it is near the flywheel and then clean the flywheel of rust. Re-gap the coil to flywheel. I have found that rust decreases the magnetic flux from the flywheel and can effect the spark and that can reduce power which is what seems to be happening with the pulsing.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In the pictures I see rusty coil and flywheel. The first thing I would do is take some sand paper and clean the coil metal surface where it is near the flywheel and then clean the flywheel of rust. Re-gap the coil to flywheel. I have found that rust decreases the magnetic flux from the flywheel and can effect the spark and that can reduce power which is what seems to be happening with the pulsing.
Would you please explain what scientific principles apply to this post
How exactly dose derusting the surface affect the magnetism or the magnetic flux in the coil ?
There is probably a Nobel prize in physics awaiting you if you can do it.

This is a place where genuine advice is given to those who seek it
Not a place where Face Book foolery is perpetuated .
The only place that needs to be clean is the grounding point for the laminations which is where it touched the crankcase plus the area under the mounting bolt heads if they are plated and not black.

Furthermore mechanically attacking a magnet with a wire brush actually damages the magnet
If you understood how a magnet is made & works then that would be obvious
Unless there is rust thick enough to bridge the gap between the laminations & the magnet, the rust is not a problem.
If rust was a problem then the parts would have a rust proof coating of some sort .
Now it you want to clean some thing then clean the spaces between the alternator magnets as magnetic dust collects there which shorts out the magnetic fields and reduces the output from the alternator .

Gumshoew

Forum Newbie
Threads
Replace entire length of fuel line. It has possibly delaminated and
collapsing due to ethanol fuel, especially since it's been sitting for two years.

artco96

Forum Newbie
Threads
Those Briggs Single Cylinder Intek
Engines have a crappy bolt design on the cylinder head . The spacing of the bolts is quite a distance on the piston bore to the oil return ports . And this allows the gasket to blow out quite easy . I usually do 5 or 6 of these engines for head gaskets in a season.
On these engines after about 10 hrs use the head bolts will need.retorqed again . The heat stretches the bolts and the gasket compresses and loosens. If you've done 4 gaskets I would try this method. If it blows again I would suspect a warped head face or cylinder face. As for the pulsing I would do a valve adjustment and try it. Still there.. possibly a leaking intake gasket or o ring or intake tube. If those appears to be sealed then your aftermarket carb isn't jet fat enough to run your engine and is starving for gas.

Threads
I think I got it. Hopefully these attach. Wanted to post a video also of what the engine is doing, but it was WAY to big.
I could guarantee your coil surfaces are totally rusted. Cleaning the coil surfaces and the magnet on the flywheel will increase your spark and allow for a cleaner burn in the cylinder. When i do a tune-up i always clean the coil and magnet . This eliminates poor spark.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I could guarantee your coil surfaces are totally rusted. Cleaning the coil surfaces and the magnet on the flywheel will increase your spark and allow for a cleaner burn in the cylinder. When i do a tune-up i always clean the coil and magnet . This eliminates poor spark.
Where do you guys get this BS from
Magnetic flux is totally unaffected by rust , paint or any other coating .
In fact agressive wire brushing can destroy the surface magnetism
Pinch your kids / grandkids science text book and read the physics section like you should have done at hight school
And please stop spreading this total BS

The only thing that needs to be clean is where the coil mounts to the block to create a ground connection.