Export thread

Looking for a good peerless 2300 transmission

R

redjwls

Haven't posted as yet, hope someone can help me. I'm looking for a Peerless 2300 transmission for a '67 Jacobsen 1000 Chief. The closer to the Philadelphia the better. So far I have been running around in circles in reverse. It's tough to get the snow thrower working this way. Seriously, would appreciate help with this.

Boobala

Boobala

Haven't posted as yet, hope someone can help me. I'm looking for a Peerless 2300 transmission for a '67 Jacobsen 1000 Chief. The closer to the Philadelphia the better. So far I have been running around in circles in reverse. It's tough to get the snow thrower working this way. Seriously, would appreciate help with this.

I did a little pokin around, seems to me, you may be able to get parts and rebuild it, or get a used one ( if you can find one) but they were used in other machines as well ( mowers - JD-112 ) a few salvage yards might be of help,
1. Harald's ..2. Jamestown Lawn & Garden ... see this..2dv505l.jpg

http://www.mytractorforum.com/images/reference/Peerless_Tecumseh_Drive_Systems.pdf (see Chapt. 5)

http://www.mytractorforum.com/12-john-deere-forum/458954-peerless-transaxle-2300-a.html

also see craigs-list , Ebay best of luck, keep us up-dated !

R

redjwls

Thanks for the reply, I'll check the yards during the week. Be well, I'll let you know how I make out.

Jim

M

Mike(NEOhio)

Thanks for the reply, I'll check the yards during the week. Be well, I'll let you know how I make out.

Jim

I have what I think might be a 2300. It came out of a 3-wheeled Toro golf course mower so it has long axles for a wide tread. Also has an external reduction gear. Pictures attached. I have a pdf of a Peerless service manual but it's too large to attach here. I can email it to you if you want it.
IMG_20160913_085156.jpgIMG_20160913_085210.jpgIMG_20160913_085253.jpg

R

redjwls

Hi Mike, I have found that Peerless has made many different trans axles. That one is totally different than the one I have, thanks though. I'll take a few pics soon to post them.

Jim